Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgystan is located in Central Asia. It is West of Asia and South of Kazakhastan.
Kyrgyzstan got independence on October 31 1991 from the soviet union.
Their capital is Bishkek. Their type of government is republic.
They made there constitution on June 27,2010. The laws are based on French civil law and Russia federation law. Also their president is Almazbek Atambev ( since 1 December 2011).
Kyrgyzstan is 95% mountains. It also has a lot of snow and glaciers. It has alot of rivers like Issylk-kul.
Since Kyrgyzstan has so many mountains not many resources are available. Mining is very important to their economy. Their main exports are gold, uranium, mercury, and natural gas. Gold is very valuable and in high demand. Their economy is reliant on gold exports. According to the World Fact Book, Kyrgyzstan's economy grew 5.7% in 2011.
History of Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan, even though is land locked it was a very important role in the Silk Road trading route. There were periods of time when Kyrgyzstan ran itself but there were rulers at times like Gokturk*, the Uyghur Empire and the Khitan people and were conquered Mongols in the 1300. Eventually they regained freedom just to be conquered again by the Kalmyks, Manchus and Uzbeks . Basically the got pushed around a lot in Kyrgyzstan
* that was one of the ruler's names even how strange it sounds.