Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Classification 2
To be able to use the terms:
This is a study of the way WORDS are put together.
What does HOMO ERECTUS mean?
The binomial system
There are millions of species on our planet. Although species can be very different from each other, many have similar features that allow us to put them into groups. This is called classification and the formal word for this is TAXONOMY.
The first big division of living things in the classification system is to put them into one of five kingdoms. These are based on what an organism's cells are like.
The five kingdoms are:
1. animals (all multicellular animals)
2. plants (all green plants)
5. fungi (moulds, mushrooms, yeast)
4. prokaryotes (bacteria, blue-green algae)
5. protoctists (Amoeba, Chlorella and 6. Plasmodium)
Chicken wings anyone?
Watch Mr Harvey
What is a SPECIES?
DO a search and write it down with an example
17th May 2017