Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Population
* Aging population
~ Decreasing workforce
* Increasing unemployment
~Increasing emigrants for jobs
United States of America
Infant mortality rate
Access to basic services
Different Countries' Facts
Beltramo, Carlos. "Spain's Government Sees Folly of Falling Fertility." Population Research Institute. Wineskin Media, n.d. Web. 20 Aug. 2013. <http://www.pop.org/content/spains-government-sees-folly-of-falling-1942>.
CIA. "Central Intelligence Agency." The World Factbook. Open Government, n.d. Web. 17 Aug. 2013. <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sp.html>.
Han, Kirsten. "Singapore Is Trying to Fix a Population Problem It Doesn’t Have." Quartz. N.p., 05 Feb. 2013. Web. 20 Aug. 2013.
Inequality Watch. "Poverty in Europe: The Current Situation." Inequality Watch. N.p., 26 Jan. 2012. Web. 17 Aug. 2013. <http://www.inequalitywatch.eu/spip.php?article99>.
"Singapore's Latest Data." Statistics Singapore -. N.p., 16 Aug. 2013. Web. 18 Aug. 2013.
"Negative Population Growth." Negative Population Growth. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Aug. 2013. <http://www.npg.org/popfacts.htm>.
GNI per capita
* Not enough space
- Decreased accommodation opportunities
* Cost of expenses increases
- Have to work harder to earn enough money
* More aging population and a low fertility rate
- Lower GDP growth
Lack of space
* Develop additional land -> recycle land
* Increase the retirement age
Rapid increase of population growth
* Birth control and Family planning
* Focus on different sectors (agriculture, manufacture, service, etc)
Rapid increase of fertility/birth rates
* Wait-and-See pattern (postpone having babies if there is poor economy)
* narrow the difference with the replacement rate
Americans create a greater environmental impact than 1.25billion Chinese or one billion Indians
- environmental pollution
The lifestyles and social health of Americans are degraded
- birth rates decreasing
- less immigrants
- more emigrants leaving the country to look for jobs
"Spain's Population Shrinks as Immigrants Flee Economic Crisis." BBC News. BBC, 22 Apr. 2013. Web. 20 Aug. 2013. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22251840>.
Thompson, Derek. "Why Is Unemployment in Spain So Unbelievably High?" The Atlantic. N.p., 2011. Web. 22 Aug. 2013. <http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/12/why-is-unemployment-in-spain-so-unbelievably-high/249300/>.
"Does the US Have a Population Problem?" N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Aug. 2013. <http://alliance.la.asu.edu/geomath/GeoMath3/lesson_files/Glenn/CROWDED/GlennChipsHfootprintUS.pdf>.
"United States - Population - Historical Data Graphs per Year." United States - Population - Historical Data Graphs per Year. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Aug. 2013. <http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=us>.
"United States Age Structure." - Demographics. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Aug. 2013. <http://www.indexmundi.com/united_states/age_structure.html>.
What is MEDC?
* More economically developed country
What is LEDC?
* Less economically developed country
What is NIC?
* Newly Industrialised country