Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Week 5 Lesson 2: Diary Entry
Transcript of Week 5 Lesson 2: Diary Entry
5-Minute Quick Write: Continuing a diary entry from the perspective of Anne frank
5th Writing Portfolio piece
Quick brainstorm of conflicts before writing
1. Continue writing using the prompt below:
"...but the minute I was alone I knew I was going to cry my eyes out. I slid to the floor in my nightgown and began by saying my prayers, very fervently. Then I drew my knees to my chest, lay my head on my arms and cried, all huddled up on the bare floor. A loud sob brought me back down to earth..."
- April 5, 1944
2. Silent and continuous.
Students select a few days from their life or one day in their life to write a diary styled short story
Note that we don't want to hear boring details about your day - write about conflicts you've encountered, big or small, external or internal.
Before writing, students brainstorm any kinds of conflicts they have encountered in the last few days/day - big or small, internal or external - students will use these as the basis of your diary entries.
This diary entry will form the 5th piece of writing for the portfolio. To be handed in on a loose bit of paper by the end of the period.
Aiming for 1-2 pages.
We have the remainder of the period.
1. Working pairs.
2. Students brainstorm any kinds of conflicts they have encountered in the last few days/day - big or small, internal or external - students will use these as the basis of your diary entries.
3. We have 3 minutes. Chat to your partner...
Week 5 Lesson 2: Diary entry
To write an interesting diary entry
Students will be able to understand how to write a diary entry.
Anne Frank (12 June 1929 – February or March 1945) was a German-born diarist.
One of the most talked-about Jewish victims of the Holocaust, she gained fame posthumously following the publication of
The Diary of a Young Girl
, in which she documents her life in hiding from 1942 to 1944, during the German occupation of the Netherlands in World War II.
It is one of the world's most widely known books and has been the basis for several plays and films.