Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Negotiating Interpersonal Conflicts
Transcript of Negotiating Interpersonal Conflicts
Chris Horras, MAT, MS, JD
The College of Idaho
Residence Life and First-Year Mentors
August 18th, 2016
Three Tensions in Negotiation
Roommate Conflict Simulation
2) 2 Mediators - trying to help resolve conflict
3) Kelly - wants a new roommate
4) Tracy - Kelly's unwitting roommate
Anatomy of a Negotiation
Options Generation (Widen the Pie)
Distributive Stage (Divide the Pie)
Separate the people from the problem
Emotion is normal and important
Easy on the people, Hard on the problem
Metacognition of emotion
1) Identify the issue.
2) Identify all parties involved.
3) Identify the interests of all parties.
5) Generate possible resolutions.
6) Anticipate reactions and counters.
7) Plan a commitment strategy.
4) What other information would be helpful?
Application of Principled Negotiation to a Past Conflict