Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Residences Facilities 101
Transcript of Residences Facilities 101
Downtown, Macdonald Campus & MFDS = 25% of McGill square footage
3300 student beds
18 maintenance staff
$140 M in deferred maintenance ($40 M planned)
Approx. 12,000 service calls (7600 captured in work orders) in 2012 -> 100% increase in recorded calls since 2011 Our Services Building Operations
Maintenance & Service Calls
Facilities Management and Development 1. Inventory Control
3. Cost of work 1. Address operational processes
2. Implement a financial and operational plan
3. Implement sustainable solutions Objective #3 Implement sustainable solutions - Students' living environment • Computerized Maintenance Management System • Approval processes:
- Purchase requests
- Standing orders
- Inventory control • Standard Operating Procedures
- Quality control
- Creation -> Closure
- Standardizing what we do Implement a financial and operational plan • Facilities condition
assessment reports • Asset register of
building systems • Deferred
Maintenance • Preventive
Maintenance • Capital Improvement •Tracking energy consumption •Reducing utilities costs •Life-cycle evaluations • Cost Tracking - Savings on painting (e.g. Solin Hall) & plumbing contractor costs
- Reduction of staff overtime - Better idea of the equipment we have & its maintenance requirements (time estimates)
- Increased capacity to prioritize certain deferred items and improvements with better data
-Ability to better forecast, troubleshoot and separate maintenance from improvements costs - Reduced energy consumption following infrastructure investments Progress... Further improvements - Computerized Maintenance
Management System Requirements -Staff capacity to implement our plans and processes, fill roles and responsibilities -Financial means (loan rates, overhead) -Ability to make long-term investments -Implementation of FAMIS • Operating budgets
for buildings - Account codes/data management -Operational processes -Ongoing facilities condition assessments -Further evolution of financial & operational plan -Support & resources for plan development