Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Indra Nooyi Leadership Presentation
Transcript of Indra Nooyi Leadership Presentation
- Earned everything she has
- Inspiring life story Indra Nooyi The "Iron Lady" of PepsiCo. Risk Taking and Concrete decisions... Thank You for the Attention! Promoting the Company Mission - "Performance with Purpose"
- From "Fun for You" to "Good for You"
- It is not only a job, it is a mission
- Believing in the bigger goal - Since 1994
- Today: Chairman and and Chief Executive Officer
- Ranked #1 in the World's 100 Most Powerful Women for 5 years
- In 2012, ranked #2
- Chief architect of
Purpose About PepsiCo. -Distributes products across more than 200 countries
-38 beverage bottling plants and 3 food plants
-6400 employees and 200,000 indirect employees
- 14% net revenue
- $65 billion net
revenue About PepsiCo Leadership Style Leadership Style Nooyi in PepsiCo - Global food and beverage company
- Expanded from Pepsi
- Twenty-two brands
- Founded in India in 1989
- World's #2-carbonated soft-drink maker Emotional Intelligence - Percepts employees as people first
- Creates fun and heartfelt environment in the office -walking barefoot and singing
- Communication to everyone through blog and social media (more than 300,000 people)
- Compelling way of speech About Nooyi - Indian-American businesswoman
- Born in 1955
- Spent childhood in Chennai, India
- Middle-class family
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Madras Christian College
- MBA from the Indian Institute of Management in Calcutta
- 1978: Masters of Public and Private
Management from Yale
- Worked for Johnson & Johnson,
Asea Brown Boveri,
and Motorola The 5 C's... - Competence
- Coaching - Powerful through taking risk
- Making a big shift in the company product line
- Changing the business plan References: Leadership Style Leadership Style Nurturing Employees - Family oriented employee benefits - family leaves, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, etc. Sending postcards to family! Leadership Style Motivating Personality Theories Personal Trait Theory - Good leadership depends on personal traits like background, gender, etc.
- In Nooyi's case it applies - not only the person is charismatic, but her traits as well -Mutual trust, respect for employees and their feelings and ideas
- To Nooyi employees are family members
- She aims for close relationships Consideration Democratic + Maternal Leadership - Listens to opinions and considers them
- Still seems to be making all the important decisions
- Tries to satisfy employee's social needs Pros of Nooyi's Leadership Style -Lower employee turnover rates since Nooyi is CEO
-High employee satisfaction
-Happier work environment
-At the same time clear goals and a business plan of determination Cons of Nooyi's Leadership Style -Employee oriented might have negative effect on profit management. Some theories say that you cannot be more people oriented without being less goal oriented
-Too much involvement with employees could have a negative emotional impact on both leaders and employees http://pepsicoindia.co.in/
http://www.hks.harvard.edu/fs/rpande/papers/Gender%20Quotas%20-%20April%202011.pdf Teodora Toneva & Kristina Borisova