Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Howlin Wolf - I'm Leavin' You
Transcript of Howlin Wolf - I'm Leavin' You
-Recorded in 1958 Background Rhythm and metre Quadruple (common) time swung quavers Typical Features : - Backbeats
- Continuous triplets in piano
- semiquavers in lead guitar leads to cross rhythms
- longer note legths in instrumental (39) Melody and word setting Predominantly syllabic, with occasional
slurred passages Blue notes (Bb)
Vocal range of an octave (D-D) Irregular phase lengths
Scat style of singing (nonsense) Variations from verse to verse
indicate improvisation Texture Performed by vocal, harmonica, guitars, piano, bass and drums
Melody dominated homophony, with stop time Performance techniques include:
-Glissando- Double/ tripple stopping
- Harmonica plays chords of 2 and 3 notes Harmony Twelve bar blues progession
use of 7th and 9th chords
Though notated in G major, frequent blue notes give the impression of G minor Tonality and structure In G
No modulation Twelve bar blues
six choruses (strophic)
with intro, instrumental and coda