Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Bhangra Dance
Bhangra. Nirmala Stanley. Indian Portal. 1999 - 2013 <http://www.indianmirror.com/advertise.html>
History of Bhangra. Clint Kelly and Jasjeet Thind. Copyright © Punjab Online, all rights reserved. <http://www.punjabonline.com/servlet/library.history?Action=Bhangra>
Bhangra. Website Editor. .© 2013 SlideShare Inc. All rights reserved.. Apr 07, 2010 <http://www.slideshare.net/daabexsta/bhangra>
History of folk dance. <http://www.cs.cuw.edu/csc/csc175/project/hrpsingh/HISTORYOFFOLKDANCE.HTML>
Interesting facts about Bhangra. Watermark template. Powered by Blogger. Monday, May 9, 2011 <http://astonishingindia20.blogspot.ca/2011/05/largest-bhangra-dance.html>
What Is Bhangra?. Copyright © 2013 Bhangra.org. <http://www.bhangra.org/about/bhangra-history/what-is-bhangra/>
Facts about Bhangra Music. December 10, 2012 <http://www.factsbarn.com/facts-about-bhangra-music/>
The actual dance!
-Bhangra orginated in the Punjab region of Southwest Asia. It all basically began in India.
-Bhangra has existed for as long as 300 BC.
-The farmers that worked in the field would often sing and dance about village life as a form of distraction.
-Later on the dances they did became used in festivals, weddings, parties and other important occasions and then bhangra was born.
1300-1400: When Bhangra began.
1900's: The golden age of Bhangra, when it started to get known and become popular.
1959: Bhangra was being featured in films.
1990's: When other countries started getting interested about Bhangra.
2000-2013: When Bhangra started appearing on shows like The X Factor, Americas Got Talent, and etc.
- Historians believe that Bhangra began when there were wars with Alexander the great.
- The largest Bhangra dance ever, included over 2,000 people.
- Typically the outfits of Bhangra are very colorful.
- Bhangra is rarely done as a solo.
- Bhangra music is usually mixed with hip-hop, house, and reggea.
-Bhangra is significant to Punjabi people all over the world because it symbolizes there imagination, talent and potential.
-The influence of Bhangra can clearly be seen today in the world of Bollywood.
-Some universities have even started hosting Bhangra dance competitions.