Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Bhangra Dance
Bhangra. Nirmala Stanley. Indian Portal. 1999 - 2013 <http://www.indianmirror.com/advertise.html>
History of Bhangra. Clint Kelly and Jasjeet Thind. Copyright © Punjab Online, all rights reserved. <http://www.punjabonline.com/servlet/library.history?Action=Bhangra>
Bhangra. Website Editor. .© 2013 SlideShare Inc. All rights reserved.. Apr 07, 2010 <http://www.slideshare.net/daabexsta/bhangra>
History of folk dance. <http://www.cs.cuw.edu/csc/csc175/project/hrpsingh/HISTORYOFFOLKDANCE.HTML>
Interesting facts about Bhangra. Watermark template. Powered by Blogger. Monday, May 9, 2011 <http://astonishingindia20.blogspot.ca/2011/05/largest-bhangra-dance.html>
What Is Bhangra?. Copyright © 2013 Bhangra.org. <http://www.bhangra.org/about/bhangra-history/what-is-bhangra/>
Facts about Bhangra Music. December 10, 2012 <http://www.factsbarn.com/facts-about-bhangra-music/>
The actual dance!
-Bhangra orginated in the Punjab region of Southwest Asia. It all basically began in India.
-Bhangra has existed for as long as 300 BC.
-The farmers that worked in the field would often sing and dance about village life as a form of distraction.
-Later on the dances they did became used in festivals, weddings, parties and other important occasions and then bhangra was born.
1300-1400: When Bhangra began.
1900's: The golden age of Bhangra, when it started to get known and become popular.
1959: Bhangra was being featured in films.
1990's: When other countries started getting interested about Bhangra.
2000-2013: When Bhangra started appearing on shows like The X Factor, Americas Got Talent, and etc.
- Historians believe that Bhangra began when there were wars with Alexander the great.
- The largest Bhangra dance ever, included over 2,000 people.
- Typically the outfits of Bhangra are very colorful.
- Bhangra is rarely done as a solo.
- Bhangra music is usually mixed with hip-hop, house, and reggea.
-Bhangra is significant to Punjabi people all over the world because it symbolizes there imagination, talent and potential.
-The influence of Bhangra can clearly be seen today in the world of Bollywood.
-Some universities have even started hosting Bhangra dance competitions.