Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
06.04 Lab: Reaction rates and temperature.
Transcript of 06.04 Lab: Reaction rates and temperature.
By: Miah Beck
Length of time the hot water fizzed
length of time the cold water fizzed
4 Antacid tablets
2 Clear cups labeled hot and cold
1. Get a timing device
2. put hot water in one cup, and cold water in another.
3. 2 clear glasses
4. antacid tablets
5. start the timer and drop one antacid
tablet into one cup at the same time .
6. record the time of the antacid tablets dissolving in each cup.
7. Repeat Again.
1. What evidence indicates that a chemical reaction took place?
- A chemical reaction took place when the antacid tablets was placed in 2 cups with different temperatures of water while it dissolved.
2. Was your hypothesis correct ?
3.Predict what would happen if we conducted the same experiment with room temperature water?
The water temperature will effect the reaction rates since the molecules move faster and because of kinetic energy is being brought in it.
Yes , my hypothesis came out to be correct because of kinetic energy, which made the antacid dissolve faster.
if i was to conduct the same experiment using room temperature water , i think the antacid tablet will dissolve about the same as how it dissolved in the cold water temperature because its not hot water.