Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Executive Function (EF)
Transcript of Executive Function (EF)
Scaffold Lower Level Skills
Word Evaluations (i.e. fluency)
Office of Special Education Services
Scaffold higher level EF Skills
Overcome impulsive, short-term reactions and instead establish long-term goals.
1. Capacity devoted to lower level skills
2. Capacity reduced due to disability or
lack of EF fluency
1. Provide preview listening
2. Present the words by syl*la*bles
2. Provide rhyming word prompts
3. Highlight irregular patterns
4. Group irregular patterns
5. Provide picture prompts for difficult words
Barry has a bank account with a balance of $50.00. Barry owes $32.00 to his credit card company and he owes $20.00 for a yearbook. What would Barry’s bank balance be, if both debits were paid?
"Providing scaffolds in the classroom provides an unfair advantage in my classroom?"
"These supports in my classroom will not get done... there is not enough time!"
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd,
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimm'd:
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
Do you Kurzweil?
Guide appropriate goal-setting.
Support planning and
Facilitate managing information and resources.
Individualized Structured Reminders
1. 2. 3.
The Learning toolbox
Study Guides and Strategies