Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
six thinking hats
Transcript of six thinking hats
2. Move Attention from One
Part of the Problem to Another.
NISHEETA PANCHAL 7209
APURVA POTE 7219
GAURI SANAGRE 7229
ASHWINI SHARMA 7239
MANALI THAKARE 7249
JAY THAKKAR 7259
PROF. Seema Ashar
UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF
1. Born in Malta, de Bono was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, is an M.D. and Ph.D., and has held appointments at Oxford and Cambridge.
2.He has written over 75 books, and his work has been translated into over 38 languages.
3.He gave the creative tool,” SIX THINKING HATS”.
Dr.Edward de Bono
“The de Bono hats system also known
as six hats or six thinking hats
is a thinking tool for group discussion”.
DEFINATION of 6 THINKING HATS
The white hat is about data
and information .It is used to record data and information that is currently available and to identify further information that can be needed.
What information is available?
What information do we need?
The red hat is associated with feelings ,
intuition ,and emotion.
The red hat allows people to express their
feelings without any justification.
What are my feelings right now?
What does my intuition tell me?
The yellow hat is for positive view of things .It looks for benefits in a situation . This hat encourages a positive view even in people who are always critical.
What are the benefits?
What are the values?
The black hat relates to caution .
It is used for critical judgement .
Sometimes it is easy to overuse
the black hat.
What are some possible problems?
What difficulties could we encounter?
The green hat is for creative thinking and generating new ideas.
This is your creative thinking hat
What creative ideas do we have?
What are the alternatives?
The blue hat is about process control .
It is used for thinking about thinking.
The blue hat asks for about summaries, conclusions, and decisions.
What are points for caution?
What are the risks?
Benefits of 6
Provides a common language.
Experience and intelligence of each person.
(diversity of thought)
Use more of our brains.
Helps people work against type, preference.
Removal of ego.(reduce confrontation).
Create, evaluate and implement plans.
Focus( one thing at a time).
* Use any hat as often as needed.
* Sequence can be present or evolving.
* It is not compulsory to use every hats.
* Time under each hat should be short and specific.
* While using six hats it requires discipline from each person .
* While using it stay in the idiom.
* It adds an element of play and play along.
* Six thinking hats can be used by individuals or group of persons.
Using the hats
THE ROLE of BETTER THINKING
1.Increase awareness on thinking.
2.It helps to change our behaviour.
3.It helps the employees to work together in an organisation.
4.It change the way we run our organisation.
5.It helps an individual to think alone.
COMPANIES WHO USE SIX THINKING HATS:
1- Prudential insurance , the largest insurance group
in the world use six thinking hats.
2-IBM use six thinking hats method to train
its 40,000 managers worldwide.
3-Honeywell has 12 certified in-house instructors who
train employees in multiple site across U.S.
4-Rockwell International certified 4 instructors and
trained over 250 employees in five months.
5-Motorola certified 15 instructors in their new business
and many more...
Blue : Control and organization thinking.
White : Objective facts and figures.
Red: Emotions and feelings.
Yellow : hope , positive and speculative.
Green : creativity, ideas and
Black : cautious and careful.
Six hats Summary
Elements of Human Skills