Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Stop Selling Out Science to Commerce
Transcript of Stop Selling Out Science to Commerce
1. Impact of commercial sectors on science and technology
2. Science is a profit driven
3. Recommendations and suggestions
Impact of commercial sectors on science and technology
Academic landscape in a drive for profit
Science is a profit driven
- Quality and reliability
- Military services and hardware
Recommendations and suggestions
- Ethical standards for business university partnerships
- More involvement of the public in setting research priorities
Adapted from Parkinson, S., & Langley, C . (2009). Stop Selling Out science to commerce. New Scientist, 204(2733), 32-33
Thank you for attention !