Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Genene Jones
baby killer NURSING BACKGROUND
* Born on July 13, 1950 & immediately given up for adoption.
*She felt left out and unfavored compared to her other adopted siblings. "Black Sheep"
*Pretended to be ill in order to seek attention. Highly known for lying & manipulating.
*She was close to her younger brother, when he was 14 he made a pipe bomb that blew up in his face and killed him.
*One short year later her father died from terminal cancer.
*After high school graduation she trapped her husband into marrying her by claiming she was "pregnant." *She would spend long hours in the ward with children, insisting her attention was important to a patient.
*demanded to be put in charge of the sickest patients.
*seemed to thrive on the excitement of emergency and grief.
*Persistent on taking the corpse to the morgue herself.
*She requested special seminars to learn about the handling of certain drugs, and her special "talent" was putting intravenous tubes into veins.
*children began dying unexpectedly from problems that weren't fatal. In a two week span, 7 children died.
*dismissed from two separate medical facilities.
*her shift became known as the "death shift" BABY KILLER * Injected patients with drugs called digoxin, heparin, and succinylcholinen which induced medical crisis.
*These medications caused heart paralysis and also hemorrhaging.
*The doctor at the pediatric clinic in Kerrville, Texas (Genene Jones' last work place) discovered puncture marks in a bottle of succinylcholine in the drug storage, where only she and Jones had access.
* Contents of the apparently full bottle were later found to be diluted. Jones claimed to have been acting in the best interests of her patients
*Murder of Chelsea McClellan.
*Murdered up to 11 (confirmed)-47(estimated) infants
*In 1985, she was convicted of murder and sentenced to 99 years in prison.
*She will be up for parole in 2017 due to a Texas law to prevent prison overcrowding.
*http://www.khou.com/news/investigative/Serial-Killer-To-Be-Released-Because-Of-Old-Texas-Law-116664504.html PERSONAL BACKGROUND WORKS CITED * www.crimelibrary.com