Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Love Story Figurative Language Project
Transcript of Love Story Figurative Language Project
We have multiple examples of alliteration in the song that we chose. Here are some of the examples:
1. "We were both young...." We were is the alliteration because it has the same consonant sound
2. "So I sneak out..." So I sneak is the alliteration in the line. It is alliteration because it has the similar sound in the first stressed syllable
3. "They're trying to tell me..." They're trying to tell me is alliteration because the same sound in the three words.
Theme: What the artist is saying throughout the song and what the songs main idea is. The theme of this song is that anyone can find true love, even though there are obstacles that will try to prevent it. Metaphor: Comparison of two things where someone is compared to something else that is not actually possible. Allusion: a passing or casual reference; an incidental mention of something, either directly or by implication. Allusion The song is an allusion by it being based off of the play Romeo and Juliet. It follows their story of them being in love and her dad saying no, but in this story her dad ends up saying yes. Then they live happily ever after. Situational Irony: involving a situation in which actions have an effect that is opposite from what was intended, so that the outcome is contrary to what was expected. There is one example of metaphor in this song. When it says "You were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter". It is a metaphor because Juliet is not actually a scarlet letter. A scarlet letter is a term used to identify people who committed crimes or sins in the 1500s. Even though Juliet is not a scarlet letter, she is viewed as one because of her love for Romeo. In the song since it has Romeo and Juliet as the characters and they are in love. I thought that at the end they would both die like the play, but in the end Juliet's dad says yes and they live happily ever after. Hyperbole: obvious and intentional exaggeration. Examples of Hyperbole's 1. "We keep quite 'cause we're dead if they knew." The hyperbole is when they say 'cause we're dead if they knew. It's an over exaggeration because their families wouldn't actually kill them.
2. "I love you and that's all I really know." That is an over exaggeration because they know more than that they love each other.