Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"The School Play" by Gary Soto
Transcript of "The School Play" by Gary Soto
What's the story about?
"The School Play" is about a class preparing to perform "The Last Stand" which is a play based on an incident in 1846.
In the end?
Only 47 travelers made it through the winter. The Donner Pass is now a national landmark.
What happened in the incident?
In 1846, a group of 9 pioneers from Illinois and nearby states took a trip to California. The group was led by George Donner and Jacob Donner.
What happened then?
They became so desperate for food, that some of the remaining travelers ate the bodies of the dead to survive.
What happened to the Donner group?
When trying to cross the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California, the Donner group became snowbound. The travelers ran out of food and supplies. Some died of starvation.