Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Anatomy & Physiology: Introduction
Transcript of Anatomy & Physiology: Introduction
1. Protects deeper tissues from injury.
2. Synthesizes vitamin D.
3. Regulate body temperature.
4. Communication with the environment (via cutaneous nerves).
5. Excrete wastes.
1. Support the body mass.
2. Protect soft organs.
4. Store minerals.
1. Move bones and maintain posture.
2. Circulate blood.
3. Propel substances.
4. Regulate blood pressure.
5. Vision and focus.
6. Stabilize joints.
7. Generate heat.
3. Motor stimuli.
4. Form the blood brain barrier.
6. Circulate Cerebral Spinal Fluid.
7. Create myelin.
Regulate metabolism via hormones.
Return leaked fluid back into the blood stream.
1. Pump blood.
2. Vasomotor action.
3. Transport blood gases.
4. Neutralize pathogens.
Exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide.
1. Catabolize nutrients.
1. Regulate blood composition.
2. Regulate blood volume/pressure.
3. Regulate blood pH.
4. Regulate calcium (vitamin D).
5. Regulate RBC concentration.
1. Formation of gametes.
2. Nurture offspring.
3. Growth and development.
Divides the body into front and back
Divides the body into left and right
Divides the body into
top and bottom
negative v. positive
20.5-21.5% of S. African blacks have 3 heads of the bicep brachii
(2.5% have 4 heads)
17.2% of Indians do not possess a palmaris longus
All Human Population
8.5% have an extra muscle in their lower leg (plantaris)
10% of quadricep contusions generates new bone growth
4.5% have extra nipples
0.35% have an extra rib in their neck
0.2% have the appendix in the upper left quadrant
0.16% have a single "horseshoe" kidney
0.008% have the heart on the right
0.022% gender cannot be determined at birth
are seldom seen
Be sure you can:
Find the cows...