Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
American Apparel Rebranding
Transcript of American Apparel Rebranding
Equity Dynamics Industry Competitive Position QUESTIONS? Consumer Base Movember is Over
Trashy to Sassy
Bazinga Basics Bazinga
Basics Trashy to Sassy Revamp the look of advertising Movember is Over!
Dov Charney: Hero or a loser?
Inappropriate behavior in public
Put Dov Charney aside
Represent the company’s vision, brand values and target customers. Implementation LA based manufacturer, distributor, and retailer of basic apparel
Advantages: simple designs, no brand names, high quality, competitive wages, made in America products
Known for edgy advertising campaigns and political activism declining market share
poor public image
ambiguous brand strategy
bleak future prospects
High quality perception
High consumer satisfaction levels Key Success Factors
Adaptability to trends
Inventory Control Recommendations The Problem Success Criteria increase market share
create positive brand image
promote brand loyalty
opportunity for future growth Less sexual, more sensual images
Promote causes (immigration, gay rights, politics)
Use popular culture (eg. comic book characters) expansion into diverse product lines
differentiate through quality and 'Made in the USA'
premium pricing Target market: "Hipsters"
- 20's-30's, free thinkers, progressive politics, art/music culture, fashion forward
- vintage and androgynous styles
- value quality and willing to pay high prices for basics Lack name recognition, financial, and marketing resources
Narrow product scope
CEO (Dov Charney) hurts brand opinion Positive Negative
Large, competitive market
Demand driven by rapidly changing designs lack of fashionable products
eccentric CEO Customer Loyalty Re-invigorate basic apparel line
Continuously update fashion products
Offer product variety in pop culture & political activism Short Term:
- remove Charney as face of the brand
- add a spokesperson
- less shock, more awe
- pop culture & political activism ads
- maintain image
- fashion trend setters