Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of India
Conquest of Kalinga
Ashoka's Defining Moment
Converted to Buddhism
Lead by moral example instead of military strength
official messages on walls, rocks, and tall pillars
Unified and conquered India
Ruled 321-297 BCE
Harsh, clear laws
Continued in footsteps
"Ashoka the Fierce"
Small regional kingdoms
Diverse people groups
Commonality = religion/caste system
Post Aryan Society
Killed 500 gov't workers and had a torture chamber
320 -550 CE
"India's Golden Age"
Chandra Gupta I
Emerged in 320 CE
Organized bureaucracy - local control
Reemergence of Hinduism
(500 year gap between Mauryan & Gupta)
Ashoka died in 232 BCE
Mauryan empire disappeared
Indian art - symbolic instead of realistic
Math and science
Gupta Empire = technological advances