Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Exponents
To answer this, we first have to look at multiplying. What are exponents? Exponents are similar. They are just repeated multiplication.
For example, let's say our zombie population doubled every hour. If we started with 2 zombies, then after 3 hours, we would have: 2 + 2 + 2 BUT, an easier way to write it would be:
3 x 2 = 6 = 6 zombies 2 2 2 2 x x x = 16 An easier way to write this would be: 2 4 This is called 2 to the power of 4. It means
2 x 2 x 2 x 2, and it is written as: This is called 2 to the
power of 4, and it is written
as: It means that you are multiplying 2 x 2 x 2 x 2. What would the exponent look like if
it was 2 to the power of 10? 2 10 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 1024 ...and that's a lot of zombies.