Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is Culture?
Transcript of What is Culture?
A people's unique way of life
What is a civilization?
The process by which a society or place reaches an advanced stage of social development and organization.
Characteristics of the Paleolithic Era:
1. Hunters and Gatherers
4. Gender Equality
This is 95% of Human History
Characteristics of Neolithic Revolution:
1. The advancement of agriculture
2. Growth of Civilizations/Cities
3. Mainly Polytheistic, beginning of Monotheism
4. Conflicts between Cities
5. Conflicts between Pastoral and Agricultural Societies
6. Male Dominated Society
7. Timelines and Calendars
8. Socio-Economic Inequality
5. Circle of Life Time Frame
Five Characteristics of an Advanced Civilization
1. Advanced Cities
2. Specialized Workers
3. Complex Institutions
4. Record Keeping
5. Advanced Technologies
One of the most important advances of technology is the creation of language--oral and written
--Cuneiform -- Mesopotamia
--Hieroglyphics -- Egypt
--Alphabets -- Phoenicians, Chinese
--Symbols -- Mesoamerica, Asian Civilizations, Indus Valley