Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

G4 Project: Nuclear Power

No description
by

Hyonwoo Kang

on 3 May 2011

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of G4 Project: Nuclear Power

Nuclear Power Three Mile Island, How is energy generated from a nuclear power plant? Fission Uranium atom splits into two smaller atoms. a neutron hits the nucleus of a uranium Uranium -235 releases energy after the neutron collision collides with neutron, turns into Plutonum -239, then breaks and releases thermal energy Uranium -238 mass after separation: 99.9% of the original mass the other 0.1% converted to energy Einstein’s E=mc^2 (kg∙m^2 s^(-2)) Fusion combination of two hydrogen nuclei into one helium nucleus only under extremely hot temperature and high pressure too expensive "cold fusion" Three Mile Island Chernobyl, Fukushima Three Mile Island Nuclear Generating Station, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania March 28, 1979 no evidence of any abnormal numbers of cancer normal death rate and life expectancy no significant increase in cancer no radioactive iodine Chernobyl Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, Ukrainian SSR April 26, 1986 RBMK Reactor ‘High Power Channel-type Reactor’ radioactive cloud uranium dioxide fuel down syndrome chromosomal aberrations neural tube defects thyroid cancer cardiovascular diseases malformations, mutations, and cancer leukemia Fukushima Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant Boiling Water Reactors Dahoon Baek, Steve Park, Minjee Kim, Hyonwoo Kang contaminated 20 miles around the reactor iodine-131, cesium-134, cesium-137 affects fish iodine affects humans' and animals' thyroid Japanese fish market radiation released, but not hazardous to health 9.0 magnitude Tohhoku earthquake and tsunami 5.7 m seawall couldn't prevent 14m tsunami tsunami broke the connection of the electrical grid http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2011/04/radiation-seafood-japan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Mile_Island_accident
http://library.thinkquest.org/2763/Electricity/Generating/Nuclear.html
http://www.icjt.org/an/tech/jesvet/jesvet.htm
-http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/pwrs.html
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBMK
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RBMK_reactor_schematic.svg
-http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/bwrs.html
http://www.ippnw-students.org/chernobyl/
http://www.greenfacts.org/en/chernobyl/l-2/2-health-effects-chernobyl.htm#0
http://www.threemileisland.org/science/what_went_wrong/index.html
http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf36.html ban on Japanese goods
Full transcript