Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of CORPORATE COMMUNICATION
The external communication
Corporate Communication is the total of a corporation’s efforts to communicate effectively and profitably.
I. Functions of corporate communication
External Communication strategies
channels of External communication
In practice, corporate communication
is a strategic tool for businesses to gain a
competitive advantage over its competitors.
Managers can also use it to lead, motivate,
persuade, and inform employees and the public
• Language and linguistics
• Management and marketing (also PR)
Its theoretical foundation is based
on various subjects such as:
• Public relations,
• Technical communication,
• Training and employee development,
• Marketing communication,
• Management communication,
• Many other organizations
Corporate communications can
include such traditional disciplines as:
What is the difference between Marketing and communication?
Marketing is when we try to create a product that fits the needs of the consumer.
The foundations of marketing, it can be defined as the set of tools and actions used to develop, optimize and improve sales and consequently, develop the turnover.
We use the communication from the very moment when we try promote, make the product known by the consumer.
Communication intervene when we want to influence the purchasing behavior of consumption.
This process consists of three stages:
Affective or Emotional (to love)
Conative (to make buy).
Marketing Integrated Communication
Marketing Communication is all forms of communication between an organization and its customers and potential customers that facilitate exchanges by establishing shared meaning with the brand’s customers or clients.
Marketing Communication gets the bulk of the budget in most organizations. Because it exists a correlation between the product image and its company image.
A customer who have a good image of a product has as well a good image of the company which created the product.
The need for integrated marketing communication appeared with the development of the weight of the Internet in communication, as this media has shattered the traditional boundaries of different marketing areas.
Marketing communication components
Giving recognition to your product or service.
Delivering a message regarding what your product is all about.
Ensuring customer loyalty by projecting the right image
Contribute to the brand equity by establishing the brand in memory and linking strong, favorable and unique associations to it.
Consumers can be told or shown how and why a product is used, by what kind of person and where and when.
Segmentation - Targeting - Positioning
Segmentation of the market
Targeting the audience for whom your product or service is meant to be most likely based on (age group, likes and dislikes, gender, socio-economic factors, geographic location)
Positioning: highlight your product unique selling point (characteristics and features) in the most striking manner
Starts of the process of brand communication.
Lets the audience know about your brand.
Allows you to create an instant bond with the end user.
Organizing event and other promotional gimmicks such as contest, schemes and offers to attract.
In order to get Instant feedback to your product or service
TO SUM IT UP!
the external communication is the transmission of information between a business and another person or entity in the company's external environment.
Public relations, better Known as "PR", is the art and science of making people, governments and organizations look good. Its function is simply to try to”
get the right message to the right people at the right time “
Media relations refers to the relationship that the company develops with
for the purpose of informing the public of an organization's mission, policies in a positive, consistent and creative manner.
Marketing and advertising
is a more focused strategy of external communication. It is a form of persuasive communication about a company's products or services directed towards potential customers.
face to face meetings
Print and broadcast media
channels of external communication
Expensive for nothing
Mass consumption product
Oh my god ! It is still exist/ alive
Never hear of this brand
Like dinosaur, it has disappeared
Fast and furious
Snails act faster
Better than iPhone
Same than apple but less expensive
good work Environment
Asian, excellency, innovate, impersonation ?
Freshen, innovate, large range of product ?
Freshen, fruit, ecological, innovate ?
Luxury, expensive, shoes, red ?
Asian making, children work, shoes ?
Funny, good, jelly,candy ?
Complex kits, Sweden, poo cake ?
- Media relations
- Public relations
- Crisis communication
- Employee communication
- First aim of corporate
Bottle of liquified sugar
High class beverage
The internal communication
- The internal communication is a part of the global communication of a company.
- It is the set of communication actions which are put in place by the company to its employees.
- Employees are considered as an internal target: they are those who give a good image of the company to the outside world; they can promote products or services of their company.
The use of internal communication
Usually, companies used to develop their internal communication in 2 cases:
- When the social climate was unstable
- Changes in the functioning of the company
Now, it's used to inform employees when:
- The corporate market is evolving
- The company adopts new
- The organization within the company is going to change
Why this change ?
- Employees were seen as those who were simply following tasks.
- Companies realized that this lack of consideration was negative for internal climate and their image.
- That is why they use now the word
By using its internal communication, the company wants to:
- Create, maintain and strengthen its cohesion of group
- Make the employees sensitive to the corporate life
- Make them agree with the policy of the company
The tools of the internal communication
- Used when the company has an internal problem which can't be solved.
- Knows what the employees think about the actions of the communication.
The internal barometer
Based on the points of view of employees, it analyzes the company inside on different criteria such as:
- the image of the company
- the trust in the company
- the evaluation of the corporate values
- the development of internal communication,
- the quality of work
- the vision of the internal climate
- the global vision about the company
- the personal expectations...
The objective: knowing if there is an internal problem, or any social unease that might occur and block the activity of the company.
That's why internal communication must always be present so as to avoid internal conflicts.
The ways of internal communication
- The intranet website
- The extranet website
- The newsletter
- The e-newspaper
- Suggestion box
- Welcoming booklets
- Press review
- Company newspaper
- Face to face meetings
- Seminars / Conferences
- Conference calls