Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of DESCRIPTIVE WRITING
Understand and use a range of appropriate vocabulary
Use language and register appropriate to audience and content
A detailed description of the place, using imagery
A description of the people, sounds, movements
Will be able to Understand and use a range of appropriate vocabulary
Articulate experiences and express what is thought, felt and imagined
Able to write a monologue.
Main skills-Descriptive writing, responding imaginatively
Write the opening paragraph
Time: 10 minutes
Group Assessment: Read the opening paragraph and give feedback to peers.
Each group will read the best description
DESCRIPTIVE Writing Rubrics
• Each stage is linked to the preceding one, and
sentences within paragraphs are soundly sequenced.
There are many well defined, well-developed ideas and images, describing complex atmospheres with a range of details.
• Overall structure is provided through devices such as the movements of the persona, the creation of a short time span, or the creation of atmosphere or tension.
• There is no confusion with writing a story.
• Repetition is avoided and the sequence of sentences makes the picture clear to the reader.