Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Gasification good ideas
Transcript of Gasification good ideas
of downdraft stratified gasifiers Why gasification? Outline Introduction 1st Experimental
campaign Micro Stratos 1 2 3 Experimental
prediction CO 2 C + O2 = CO2 + 393kJ/mol
C + 1/2O2 = CO + 123.1kJ/mol C + H2O = CO + H2 - 118.5 kJ/mol
C + CO2 = 2CO - 159.9kJ/mol CO2 + H2 = CO + H2O - 40.9kJ/mol C + 2H2 = CH4 + 87.5kJ/mol Ongoing
Researches Influence of diameter Calorimetric Analysis
of gasification efficiency Calorimetric gas analysis Gas Cleaning Engines power output & Biomass consumption ---> System control unit
Biomass moisture content ---> PCE MB 200 moisture meter
Temperatures ----> 6 N-type TC
Gas flow ----> Pitot Tube
Air flow ----> Differential manometer + air inlet calibration Model A B 1st Experimental Campaign & Model 2nd Experimental Campaign & Model Thermal stratigraphy and superficial temperature 4 seconds loading 15 seconds loading Wang + Reed Model Results Wang’s Dynamic Model Wang’s Dynamic Model 3. Methanogenesis 4. Steam reforming
C + 2 H2 --> → CH4 CH4 + H2O --> →CO + 3 H2 Wang’s Dynamic Model Reed’s Model 1. Boudouard reaction 2. Water-gas reaction
C + CO2 →-> 2 CO C + H2O -> →CO + H2 Wang’s Dynamic Model Model 2 Elemental analysis +
Moisture meter 1: biomass gasification 2.a Langmuir - Hinshelwood
reactions model 2.b Langmuir - Rideal
reactions model 3. equations system Wang + Reed Models 4 seconds loading Channeling model Ongoing researches Integrated projects ER Wang+ Reed
low ER model Wang+ Reed
high ER model A1 A2 Pirometer Lab scale stratified reactor Diameter in modeling Lab scale stratified reactor Calorimetric approach: Lab scale stratified reactor 'Old but gold' Tar sampling @ U.B.C. G.E.K. 'Stratos' On-field biodiesel production Conclusion 1 Modeling:
- Three different models for stratified reactors were tested.
- For large reactors a specific model were developed and validated
- Integrated models for biodiesel production were proposed
- Stratified reactors from lab scale to medium scale were investigated
- An innovative method for efficiency evaluation was proposed, with possibility to be used for gas analysis
- A micro scale gasifier was designed and built, now it is used for feasibility studies Technology review:
- Stratified reactors can process many biomass types non- homogeneous fuels with some limitations in moisture content
- These reactors are simple. The manufacture is easy, making the stratified reactors suitable for application in underdeveloped countries
- Instabilities in gas quality and presence of slagging need to be taken into account during the power plant design
- Large gasifiers are affected by channeling issues. Conclusion 2 2nd Experimental
model On field biodiesel
production Tar sampling Tutor: Ch.mo professor Paolo Tartarini
Co-tutor: Dr. Ing. Alberto Muscio Biochar C H O + 1.03 O2 = 0.72 H2O + CO2 (+20MJ/kg) 1.44 0.66 Inception Ongoing
Researches Thermal stratigraphy and superficial temperature