Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hot Ice Experiment
Transcript of Hot Ice Experiment
1 litre of household vinegar
a small Plastic Container with lid
a bigger plastic container
Ice water and Ice cubes
stove The Steps Step 1: Prepare the necessary materials. Step 2: Mix 70g of baking soda with 1 litre of clear vinegar. Step 3: Heat the mixture for about 1 hour or until about 10% of the mixture is left and when transparent crystals form on the surface of the mixture. Step 4: Scrape some of the crystals and put them in a separate container. Step 5: Pour the mixture into a container, cover and place it into an ‘ice bath’ for 15 minutes. Step 6: The substance is then ready. Put one of the crystal bits into the substance. These steps should produce hot ice which will freeze upon contact with the sodium acetate crystals. Hot Ice Experiment Project done by: Adhi Wibhawa Wonowidjojo Samuel Seow Wrong Procedures 1. Using bare hands to touch the mixture before the experiment is completed.
2. Using a copper pot.
3. Boiling the mixture when it is still fizzing.
4. Leaving the container uncovered.
5. Heating the mixture for too long.
6. Mix the 70g of baking soda and the 1 litre of vinegar all at once as that will cause the mixture to overflow the container. Reusing the hot ice 1. Warm the mixture over a stove or even microwave it, until it melts.
2. When in liquid form, cool it and it can be reused again. Thank you for your kind attention!