Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Memorial Day
History of Memorial Day
May 5, 1868 - Memorial Day Proclaimed
May 30, 1868 - Memorial Day observed
May 30, 1873 - First State officially recognizes holiday
May 30, 1890 - Decoration Day Recognized in Northern States
May 30, 1899 - Observance of Decoration Day
Jan 1, 1920 - Name changed to Memorial Day
May 30, 1966 - President Lydon B. Johnson declares Waterloo, N.Y. the official birthplace of Memorial Day
1.3pm on Memorial Day is the “National Moment of Remembrance.”
2.It wasn’t established as an official holiday until 1968.
3.Several states observe Confederate Memorial Day.
4.Waterloo, New York is considered the birthplace of Memorial Day.
5. On memorial day a song called taps is played. It is usually played at dusk and is played by a bugle or a trumpet.
6. On Memorial Day war veterans sell artificial poppies to pay for veterans health care.
Why we have Memorial Day
We have Memorial Day because we want to honor all our fallen solders that were protecting America's freedom.
Why do we have Memorial Day
A Memorial Day presentation
We have Memorial Day because people at first wanted to honor the fallen solders in the Civil War. It slowly kept developing and more wars were fought. So then people started to honor all solders that have died in war for our country, not just the solders in the Civil War but all of them including the World Wars.
Here is a painting of the Civil War. Although it is a painting it shows what the civil war would look like.
Here is a picture of solders getting off a boat on d-day in World War 2.
Pictures of people honoring Memorial Day
Videos for Memorial Day
Ivan & Marvin