Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Aha Moments Notice and Note
Transcript of Aha Moments Notice and Note
1. Contrasts and __________ help us make inferences while we read.
2. When I see a character acting in a way that I wouldn't expect, I want to stop reading and ask myself : Why would the character ____ this ___?
These 6 "text clues" will help us read more closely...
With your partner...DISCUSS and Record on page 226
What does Bruce's Aha! moment make him do? What does he realize?
When we read...
Please individually fill out the bottom two boxes on page 227 in your packet.
1. What is the Aha! moment?
2. What inferences can you make about what the character will do now or think now?
The Aha! Moment
The moment when a character realizes something, and that realization changes his or her actions in some way.
WHEN WE COME ACROSS AN AHA! MOMENT...
There is a question we can ask that will help us understand what's going to happen...
HOW MIGHT THIS MOMENT
With your partner,
What is Bruce's Aha! moment?
Record your discussion on page 226 of your packet under "what did I notice" and "what did my partner and I say".
An author often gives us clues that the character has come to
an important understanding by having the character say
"Suddenly I realized..."
"In an instant I saw..."
"It came to me in a flash..."
"I now knew..."
"I finally understood that..."
Partner Read "Knee to Thigh"
MAKE SURE TO MARK THE TEXT AS YOU READ!!
Excerpts from "Crash" by Jerry Spinelli
It's about a middle school kid nicknamed Crash who bullies another kid. The kid he bullies is Penn Webb.
Let Me Model
Walk Two Moons
Open your packet
to page 251.
Follow me while I
read the first three paragraphs
Can we find the Aha Moment?
What is the Aha Moment?
What inferences can make about the character?