Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Docker; Build Ship and Run Any App Anywhere
Transcript of Docker; Build Ship and Run Any App Anywhere
It assists firms in aligning their activities by illustrating potential trade-offs.
and Run ...
Any App ...
by Teuta Hyseni & Jesus Gonzalez
Who is the target??
all programming languages
all the different types of databases
any machine (physical or virtual)
recent kernels (3.8 or RHEL 6.5)
What's the big deal about this?
Shipping our source code to the servers should NOT be very complicated !!
Why not apply the same idea to ship software ?!
Units of software delivery
Regardless of kernel version
Regardless of host distro
If it runs on the host, it can run in the container
High level approach
It's own process space
It's own network interface
Separate root directory from the host
It's own /bin/init
Low level Approach
Containers -> isolated processes
Shared kernel with the host
Segregation of duties or
Inside the container
Outside of the container
How does the Isolation works ?
Copy-on-write block devices (snapshots with LVM)
Snapshot filesystem (BTRFS, ZFS)
Isolated processes that run straight on the host
CPU performance no different that the host
Memory performance (cgroup)
Network performance (physical network interface)
Automating the packaging and deployment of applications
Creation of lightweight, private PAAS environments
Automated testing and continuous integration/deployment
Deploying and scaling web apps, databases and backend services
An open source project designed to easily create lightweight, portable, self-sufficient containers for any application.
- lightweight, scaling up or down it's very easy
- more efficient, less machines less money
- move dockerized app
- run anywhere
One Step Deployment
Q & A
Overview of Docker
Separates application from infrastructure using container technology, similar to how virtual machine separates the operating system from bare metal.
Build any app in any language using any stack
Dockerized app can run anywhere on anything
- Docker Engine, runs on the most machine
- CLI used to interact with the daemon
Docker Workflow Components
- Holds Environment & Your Application
- Created from images - start, stop, move, delete
- Public or Private repositories to store images
- Automates image construction