Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Language Transfer in Second Language Acquisition
Transcript of Language Transfer in Second Language Acquisition
Language transfer is using sounds, expressions or structures from the L1 when performing the L2
What is Language Transfer?
Positive language transfer happens when you are able to use your prior knowledge of expressions and structures from your L1 in order to correctly form expressions and structures in your L2.
Positive Language Transfer
Negative language transfer happens when language transfer is done incorrectly due to an L1 feature that is very different from the matching L2 feature.
Negative Language Transfer
My sister's friend.
My mom's brother.
Spanish - Exact Translation
El gato de Micheal.
= The cat of Michael.
El amigo de mi hermana.
= The friend of my sister
El hermano de mi madre.
= The brother of my mom.