Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Data Protection Act
Transcript of Data Protection Act
Criminal records What does 'Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection mean'?
Data should not be transferred to other countries, unless they have similar levels of data protection to the UK. All countries in the European Union (EU) have this level of protection so data can be lawfully transferred within the EU. Everyone who is responsible for using data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:
Used fairly and lawfully
Used for limited, specifically stated purposes
Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
Kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
Handled according to people’s data protection rights
Kept safe and secure
Not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection. This is Hugo!