Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The 1940s
Cars in the 1940s were much more streamlined than cars in the 30s. Also many improvements were made to conserve materials.
The 1940s were the decade of the crooner. Such household names as Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra and Perry Como all made a very good living in the decade.
Fashion in the 1940s was a good mix of comfort and glamour. There were specific outfits that were meant for specific times of the day. Some of their designs look downright modern even by today’s standards.
Movies in the 1940s, like everything else at the time, were dominated by the war. However, instead of facing shortages like most people, the industry was well supported by the government thanks to its morale boosting qualities.
That doesn’t mean it didn’t have to chip in. The movie industry ended up making training videos for the Army free of charge.
Sporting events all around the world were disrupted by World War II. The 1940 and 1944 Olympic Games were cancelled because of the war.