Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Case of Stan: Existentialist Therapy
Transcript of Case of Stan: Existentialist Therapy
Explore these beliefs
Where did they come from
Are they the clients?
Why does the client believe these things?
Why are these goals important
They can give Stan's life meaning
Who are the goals for?
Is Stan working toward these goals?
Encourage to take steps toward these goals Therapist's Function Relationship Between Therapist and Stan Stan's Experience in Therapy Goals of Therapy Self awareness
Come to terms with being alone
Dealing with anxiety over death There are few fully Existential techniques, as it serves as more of a supplemental therapy
Reflect Stan's statements
Explores Stan's goals
Encourage Stan to gain a deeper understanding of himself
Challenge Stan's passivity
Assess if Stan might be threat to self I/ Thou relationship
Presence of the therapist
Therapist even opens up to Stan about his career's significance to him Nervous
Meaning of his life
"Better off dead"
Too hard on Himself Stan's Goals Talk to his father about how he feels
Go back to school so he can work with children
Get his father's approval