Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Thermal physics
Do it now
What is the triple point of a substance?
What is thermal equilibrium?
What is the Zeroth rule of thermal equilibrium?
What are the fixed points of the Kelvin scale?
What is 200 degrees centigrade in Kelvin?
What is 100 Kelvin in degrees centigrade?
Solids liquids and gases
Why does Ice float?
Why is this unusual?
What is the Kinetic model?
Draw a diagram of a solid liquiand gas
Label it with the key information
Internal energy: Sum of Kinetic and potential energy
Kinetic energy of particles
Potential energy of electrostatic intermolecular forces
increases internal energy by increasing kinetic energy of particles
increases electrostatic energy between particles
Temperature does not rise when changing state as only the potential energy increases not the kinetic energy
Energy is used to break bonds.