Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
New Orleans, Louisiana
Transcript of New Orleans, Louisiana
similarities and differences
During early Mardi Gras celebrations hundreds of years ago, masks were a way for their wearers to escape class judgements and social demands. those who wore the Mask could mingle with people of all different classes and could be whomever they desired to be.
What is Mardi gras?
-Mardi Gras also known as Shrove Tuesday or Fat Tuesday is an annual carnival celebration. it is celebrated by mostly christians and is set 47 days before Easter.
The king cake is an oval-shaped cake, crossed between a coffee cake and a French pastry. It's decorated in royal colors of purple which signifies "Justice," green for "Faith," and gold for "Power." These colors were chosen to resemble a jeweled crown honouring the Wise Men who visited Jesus Christ on Epiphany. In the past such things as coins, or beans were also hidden in each King Cake. Now days as a symbol of this Holy Day, a tiny plastic baby is placed inside each King Cake.
purple for justice, gold for power and green for faith
Mardi Gras holds many similarities to Halloween some similarities are:
- masks and costumes are worn for fun.
- they are both christian holidays.
- Halloween is celebrated with family and friends knocking on doors and collecting candy while mardi gras is also celebrated with family and friends, while enjoying a parade and eating kingcakes
info on kingcake
info on masks
info on mardi gras