Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Suffixes -tion, -ation, -ition
Transcript of Suffixes -tion, -ation, -ition
when the verb ends in a 'de' the 'd' changes to an s before adding -ion
if the base word ends in a 't',
omit the 't' and replace with ssion
Active students pay attention to suffixes. The process of adding -ion,-ation, or -tion to a
VERB (action) makes a noun (person, place, thing, idea)
when the base word ends in a 'y', the word changes a couple ways
suffix -ion, -tion, -ation
Spelling Words for the Week
All of the blue part of the word is a verb, the "tion" makes it a noun! to reflect is to think. A reflection is something you think about.
Now, let's focus on meaning:
= to look for
= a place!
So, the verb (action), becomes a noun (person/place/thing/idea).
The practice will ask you to
figure out how to spell a verb with the "-tion" sound added. If you need to, go back and review this presentation BEFORE you start the practice. You cannot do it twice and you will only have 25 minutes to complete it.