Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Magnificent Wonders Of The World!
Transcript of The Magnificent Wonders Of The World!
Presentation Created By: Viktoria Frizzelle
What are the wonders of the world?
- Is a list of wonders that have been chosen worldwide by a poll
- They're chosen based of their beauty, glory, size and symbolism. For example the statue of Liberty in New York city symbolizes freedom and peace for the U.S.A
- There are many different types of wonders that are also important such as the modern world,ancient world ,natural world and the underworld
Chichen Itza, Mexico
- temple has 365 steps. one step for each day of the year
- 1.5 million visitors a year
- Mexico's most popular
Christ the Redeemer
Is a Statue of Jesus Christ in Brazils capital,
Rio De janeiro . This wonder began to be built in 1922 . It is located in Tijuca
national forest. Christ the Redeemer is a world renowned Iconic statue that symbolizes Jesus Christs love for people and the world. It is made from concrete and stone. It was so heavy that the builders had to take piece by piece up on the mountain. It took nine years to build and is worth 3 million dollars! This became an official wonder on July,7,2007
- weighs 1.27 million pounds
- takes 220 steps to see it up close
- the right arm on the statue points to the south of rio and the left points to the north
Is an archaeological discovery located in Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. It is the ancient Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza. It is the largest Mayan city that was built in 600 A.D. It was built because of two large natural sinkholes in the ground that would provide the Mayans with water year round. especially during droughts and storms. This an amazing ancient city in central America that brings culture and glory to all
Machu Picchu Is a geographical and historical destination located in Peru that is situated on the Andean mountain. It is known as " The Lost City of the Inca's" because the Inca civilization was there before the spanish arrived. The spanish destroyed most of their land and it was kept preserved. Machu Picchu has some very interesting sites like their tombs,fountains,doors,sacred rocks and urban sectors
- Home to over 140 different structures
- Has hot sulfur springs with temperatures ranging from 38 to 46 degrees celcious
- Some very amazing and important structures is the temple of three windows,temple of the sun and the Intiwatnan.
Is an archaeological city that is most notable for its architectural structures made of rock. It is located in kingdom Jordan and represents history and culture. It was built in 312 B.C by the nabataens during the time of fur trade . The tombs and buildings were carved into the walls of a desert canyon from red sandstone. This wonder has lots to see and explore, it is an incredible tourist attraction and is admired for its quality,size and symmetry.
- Petra is the greek word for rock
- only 15 percent of the tombs have been explored
- stands at 150 feet tall
The Great Wall of China
The great wall of china is a series of walls that came together to become one to use for protection against invaders. It is located in China and stretches from Jia-yu pass to Shan- Hai pass. It is approximately 25 feet high, 30 feet wide and 50,000 km long. It is the longest structure in the world and was named a " national and historical site by the united nations educational scientific and cultural organization.
- Has around 53,000 visitors a day or 1.934 million visitors a year!
- In 2008 summer olympics games the The Great Wall of China was used for the cycling event
(Symbol of pride)
The Roman Colosseum
- Roman Colosseum can hold over 50,000 spectators
- Most popular tourist attraction in Rome
- Given an honorary nomination
Is an old and ancient arena used in the medieval times. It's purpose was for gladiator fights ,duels and entertainment, But is now a religious structure. The Colosseum was built in 72 A.D and is located in Rome, Italy. It is made from stone and mortar. The Roman Colosseum was chosen to be one of the wonders of the world because of its outstanding work of the roman architects and engineers . This an iconic symbol of imperial Rome!
A Marvelous mausoleum located in Agra,India
that means " crown of palaces". The Taj Mahal took 20 years,1000 elephants and 20,000 people to build. It is made purely from white marble,jasper, jade, crystal, sapphire and other gems. The Taj Mahal took a lot of time,money and work to be able to represent central asian architecture. The Taj Mahal is a remarkable wonder of the world because of it's magnificence and pride. It genuinely represents indian culture and heritage.
- Structure changes colour depending on time of day
- Classified as a "world heritage site"
- 2 to 4 million tourists visit a year
The Great Pyramids
Is an honorary 8th wonder of the world because of its ancient and miraculous egyptian pyramids. The Great Pyramids are located in Giza, Egypt. It is the oldest wonder of the world and took a lot of work to create. The egyptians used over 2.3 million stones to build the structure and tombs inside the ruins. The Great Pyramids were voted to be the 8th wonder of the world because of its structure and symbolism
- It is 147m tall!
- The name of the great pyramids is Khufu s Horizon.
- Is the only wonder remaining from the ancient world
I have also included some extra wonders of the world that have inspired many and inspired myself to add into my presentation.
Is a natural Canadian wonder of the world. The falls were created from glaciers melting around 10,000 years ago. With tons and tons of water rushing at 30 ft per second it is a truly remarkable sight to see. No wonder it attracts many tourists from all around the world. It is a natural beauty that brings love to all and Canada!
- 17 TRILLION gallons of water rush down the falls per year
- attracts 30 million people a year
- Is 12,000 years old
Great Barrier Reef
- tourist industry makes 5 billion dollars a year
- size of 70 MILLION football fields
- Can be seen from outerspace
Is the largest coral reef system in the world located off the coast of Queens land Australia. It is an exotic and colourful tourist destination home to tropical animals and unique plants. With thirty species of whales and dolphins , 200 species of birds and 15 species of snake. It is a natural wonder of the world and is made of 900 islands and over 2,900 different reefs. The great barrier reef is a breath taking tourist attraction!
Thank you for taking the time to listen to my presentation on the "Maginificent Wonders of the World." I hope you enjoyed!
By Viktoria Frizzelle
The Taj Mahal