Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How Gold Was Used in Ancient Egypt
Transcript of How Gold Was Used in Ancient Egypt
Gold had powers of the sun god.
Gold was easy to work with.
But it id not tarnish or deteriorate. It was used to cover furniture and the tombs of the Pharaohs. Gold was also used to cover statues. To make jewelry: amulets, bracelets, rings, head jewelry, necklaces, anklets. King Tut's three coffins: the coffin he was in was totally made of gold. What was gold used for? Ancient Egypt had 1,300 gold mines. It was found in the Upper Nile. Gold was also found in the Nubian Desert. Since they used so much gold they ran out and got gold from Yemen and South Africa. Where did Egypt get it's gold? There was 3500 - 5000 artifacts of gold found in his tomb. It was worth millions. He was wearing a gold face mask in his tomb. King Tut's Tomb