Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Statistics
- A question where there is more than one answer.
by: Alexa Lower and Rachel White
Introduction to Statistics
Find out if this question is statistical
A number in the set of data that is much greater or less than the other values. An outlier can affect the mean.
Forgetting to add in all numbers, Dividing by the wrong number, and make sure if 0 is included in the data set, add it in the number to be divided by.
Mean Absolute Deviation
Mean Absolute Deviation-
the average of how much data values differ the mean.
To find the M.A.D.-
find the M.A.D in this data set.
Finding the wrong mean in the beginning can conclude in wrong answer, finding the wrong sum of the distances or the wrong distance.
How many pets do you have?- good
When was the civil war?- bad
measure of center-
A measure that describes the typical value of a data set. This includes median, mean, and mode.
common mistakes and tips:
Use mode when there is a data set with no numbers.
Use mean when there are outliers in the data set.
Use median when there is an outlier in the data set.
Find the mean, median and mode which is the best measure of center?
Measure of Variation
Mixing up the difference between a
statistical and non-statistical question
Measure of variation
- A measure that describes the distribution of a data set. That includes the range and the Interquartile Range.
- If there is an odd set of numbers in data set make sure to include the numbers next to the median in the quartiles. Range equation:
This is how you find the IQR
Add all those numbers up, then divide by the original mean to find the answer.