Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
KEC theme 2014
Transcript of KEC theme 2014
1. What is a lesson that you will take home from camp?
2. How can we spread the joy we share here?
1. What are some things that everyone has in common regardless of culture, faith, nationality, economic standing, etc.
2. How can you be an advocate for community and diversity?
Theme activity: In cabin groups, campers will combine their sounds from the previous day, to the tune of our theme song.
Topic 2: March to the beat of your own drum.
Objective: To recognize the value of our unique qualities and passions
Our theme isn't really about music... Well, it sort of is. Let me explain!
Music is a great metaphor to explore what happens when the unique contributions of individuals add up to something greater.
Each week, our camp community will begin as strangers, each with a unique sound, and evolve into a wacky, soulful, orchestra!
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
How can we recognize and affirm the unique value of the people around us?
The music is all around us. You just have to listen.
Theme Activity: Campers will use their instrument to create a unique sound sequence.
Campers will be have a room full of supplies that make noise. They will create an instrument.
We will learn the lyrics to our theme song.
Topic 1: The music is
all around us.
Objective: To recognize inspiration and opportunities that we tend to overlook.
1) How can we be open to opportunities around us?
1. What qualities make you unique.
2. How do our unique differences strengthen us as a community?
3. How can you embrace, share, and
serve with your unique
“Music is the great uniter. An
incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.”
-Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
Topic 3: A universal language.
Objective: To recognize the value of diversity, and explore universal truths.
Theme activity: The entire camp will learn to perform our theme song as a community.
1. What would you change
about the world, if you could?
2. How can you create change as an individual?
3. How can we create change as communities?
Topic 4: A sound that resounds!
Objective: To explore how individuals and communities can take action for change.
“Music can change the world because it can change people.”
Topic 4: Music Makers & Dreamers
Objective: To celebrate
the ideas and
shared at camp.
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”
This theme was developed for KEC by Megan Anderson. She's a hardcore music lover.
I'd Like to Teach the
World to Sing"
Our amazing theme logo was designed by Mikala Bellerieve. She's artsy-fartsy!