Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Animals Used For Experimentation
Transcript of Animals Used For Experimentation
medical training exercises
Types of experiments
Animals Used For Experiments
more than 90% scientists agreed that the use of animals intresearch is essential."
Chimpanzees share 99% of their DNA with humans, and mice are 98% genetically similar to humans. The United States and Gabon are the only two countries that allow experimentation on chimpanzees.
In 2010, Minnesota used more cats for testing than any other state (2,703) New Jersey used the most dogs (6,077), and Massachusetts used the most primates (7,458).
In 1997, researchers Joseph and Charles Vacanti grew a human "ear" seeded from implanted cow cartilage cells on the back of a living mouse to explore the possibility of fabricating body parts for plastic and reconstructive surgery.