Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI)
Transcript of Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI)
RETHINKING WORD PROBLEMS
IN THE PRIMARY GRADES
problem card sort
What word problems should be...
Focus on the action of the problem.
Look for key action words.
Act out and/or model the actions of the problem to solve.
Write a number sentence and label/explain each part of your number sentence.
Explain your thinking and prove/justify your thinking with your representations.
Make sure you answer is reasonable given the problem.
Word problems in today's classroom....
Look for key words.
Use the key words to determine the operations.
Plug in the numbers and solve.
Check for correct answers as a group
HOW STUDENTS BEGIN TO DEVELOP FLUENCY