Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Bond Valuation
-Par value: Principal or face value (typically $1000)
-Coupon rate: Annual rate of interest paid.
-Coupon: Regular interest payment received by holder per year.
-Maturity date: Expiration date of bond when par value is paid back.
-Yield to maturity: Expected rate of return, based on price of bond
Ezay N7l Ay ms2la 3la El Bond (Annual)
1- Bntl3 mn el ms2la el Par value (Principal) w el N (Time) w Coupon Rate( Interest Rate) w Yield to maturity "i" (Discount rate- Market Rate-Return Rate-YTM).
2- Bn7sb el Coupon Payment ( Coupon Rate*Par value)
3- N3wad F el Qanon da
* Haykon mdenii f el Problem Klmt Semi-Annual aw
-Coupon rate will
divided by 2
(Hy2sr kda 3la el Coupon Payment).
multiplied by 2
divided by 2
Mdam Zero Coupon Rate Yb2a mosh hykon F Coupon Payment
Hn3wad 3la tool f el Qanon da
F: Face Value (Par value)
i : Yield To Maturity
n : Time " No.s Of years.
- Lw 2al f el problem Masln Last year Yb2a (N-1) 4 years ago (N-4) etc....
- Lw edanii Date msln From 3-2-1995 To 6-7-2015 Hn7sb el (N= 20 Years)
- lma yegy y2olii en el Company de m7taga tzawd el fund bta3ha b $1000000 Msln w Talb mnii f el problem "How Many Bonds They Must Issue?" Hn2sm el $1000000 3la el Price of Bond el e7na 7sbnah
Lma y2olii Compare Between el Price w el Par value.
Four years ago, the XYZ Corporation issued an 8% coupon (paid semiannually), 20-year, AA-rated bond at its par value of $1000. Currently, the yield to maturity on these bonds is 10%. Calculate the price of the bond today.
-N = (20-4)*2 = 32 Years
-Semiannual coupon Payment = (.08*1000)/2 = $40
-Par value = $1000
-YTM = 10% /2 = 5%