Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"London" by William Blake
Transcript of "London" by William Blake
Nature is beautiful
Symbol of innocence
Escape in place
Simple country people
Living close to nature -> idealization
Old country ballads turned into 'art'
Escape in time
Personal emotions of author
Nature - Chartered Thames
Refers to the many boats on the river -> industrialism 'owned' the river
Poetic freedom - narrative & emotions
I wander thro' each charter'd street
The mind-forg'd manacles I hear.
Child - innocence
In every Infants cry of fear
How the Chimney-sweepers cry
Blasts the new-born Infants tear
Blake criticizes society's system (church, army & king)
Society is being poisoned by the system
Interpersonal relationships are under strain of this poisonous situation