Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
TOK oral presentation
Transcript of TOK oral presentation
do we use to interpret
pieces of Art? - Emotion
- Sense perception Universal approaches
to interpreting Art - Peak Shift*
- Perception problem solving*
- Abhorrence of coincidence*
- Repetition, rhythm and orderliness
- Metaphor What makes good art? - Personal distinctions
- Good art or bad art Conclusion - Common ways of knowing
- Universal approaches and appreciations
Time, culture, religion, beliefs, politics, genre, experiences or past
- Art is forever growing and changing Emotion Sense Perception Language Reason - Is emotion necessary in art?
- Will everyone experience the same emotion? - How does one's thinking process or prior knowledge affect one's interpretation? - Do people approach or look at paintings from different angles? - How do we read art?
- How does an artist transfer information to the consumer? The key is the quality of
the consumer's eye Personal
distinctions Either good
or bad Combination Key personal factors - Concept, vision, mastery of the medium
- Honest, unselfconscious, bold, ambitious, enlightening, original, challenging and a pleasure for our senses
- Experience = train your eye
Without experience, one does not have the
ability to forge opinions.
- Art is not always equal to design Different perspectives - Cultures
- Time periods
- Life experiences http://www.artbusiness.com/how-to-recognize-the-best-art.html
http://blog.leiweb.it/arte/2010/10/16/il-grande-ai-wei-wei-regala-girasoli/ Personal opinion - Be aware
- Educate yourself
- Explore and develop an understanding
- Be critical but unbiased, consider other viewpoints