Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Water
Water plays many important roles within the body. Water is the major part of most of the body's cells. The human body requires water to survive and function properly. Humans cannot live without drinking water for more than a few days. We need to drink about 2 to 3 liters of water daily. In some small villages in Africa, there is no source of water near the village. People have to walk miles away to a river to get water. Sometimes the water's not even clean but thy don't really have a choice.
The small Shilongo Village in Central Africa had this problem too. They had a well in this center of the village that had heaps of water. Over a few years, the water had completely been used. The people of the village then decided to split up in search of a river or stream that can provide them water. After a day, miles away they found a river that had water. But the water was very dirty. They were ind esperate need of water and had no choice but to use it. Every day for a couple of weeks little children and women had to walk miles to get water and transport it to the village. In that time nearly 35% of the village were sick. Then the World Water Organisation had come and helped them and provided them with clean water and treated the sick people of the village.
Water is everywhere. Water is the reason we are alive. Water covers up 71% of the Earth! We are also made up of water! The amount of water in the human body ranges from 50-75%! Water forms the world's streams, lakes, oceans and rain.
Water can be a solid, liquid and gas! Although water's main form liquid. Without any water on Earth imagine how life would be. There probably wouldn't even be any life on Earth since animals and plants need water to live.
- Every minute at least one child dies frm a water-related illness.
- As a whole women spend 200 million hours a day collecting water.
- More than 2.5x more people lack water than live in the United States.
- More people have a mobile than a toilet.
Organisations that Help Provide Water