Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Key to Success
Transcript of Key to Success
- National Research Council (2003)
"Creating A Community"
"The bottom line to the report is that policy discussions right now focus more on how to test students, what they should learn, how to make their schools better, and how to evaluate and improve teachers, instead of on the
single biggest determiner of academic success
- Forbes Magazine "Motivation Matters" 2013
Ways to share control?
- Give students choice of topics and/or format for assignments
Ask students what kinds of activities they think would help them learn best
Key to Success:
Why is motivation so important?
- What does being chronically disengaged look like?
- How does it affect the students? The classroom? The teacher?
-What is the opposite of chronic disengagement?
- What are some of your current motivation techniques?
- What works? What doesn't?
- What is the best kind of motivation?
"We established that, while extrinsic motivators (such as grades, parental approval, potential earnings of a career) are common and are the primary motivators for most students, they don’t lead to deep learning and can actually diminish students’ intrinsic interest in a subject and motivation to master it. "
- Lily Claiborne Vanderbilt University CFT
- Do you currently meet any of these desires in your classrooms? If so, how?
"Making Connections to Motivate Student Learning"
-How else can you connect with your students?
"Going Social: It's A State of Mind"
-How did Sarah give he students some control?
- Was the project still relative and content based?
- How are community and sharing interrelated?
- Why is sharing so important?
the ability to do something successfully or efficiently
-What does being competent look like?
- How do we assess competency?
- How does control, connectedness, and sharing lead to competence?