Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How to Create Hands-Free Shoes
Transcript of How to Create Hands-Free Shoes
Is there potential?
How it all started...
Turns out, people in scoliosis braces were just the tip of the iceberg of those that need hands-free shoes!
Chronic Back Pain sufferers
Launch Crowdfunding Campaign
Donny Deutsch, host
of "The Big Idea",
challenges me to go
to bed and think of a problem in my everyday
life and try to solve it.
20 min later...
Alex couldn't bend over
to put his shoes on because of his scoliosis brace, so Dad had to do it.
"I should invent some hands-free shoes!"
Apply for Patent
Try to get a footwear manufacturer to work with you
Get crappy samples
Finally find one that "gets it" and is committed to the vision
Finding a Manufacturer
Lots of Tweaking
Open an assembly & distribution facility in the Bronx that can provide long-term sustainable employment for people with disabilities
10% Profits go to organizations that serve people with disabilities
Donate Quikiks to those who may not be able to afford them
Please fuel my campaign!
Get Seed Funding
Get feedback early and frequently -preferably from industry professionals
Is 6 years too long?
Maybe not. These aren't even hands-free.
...and learn a few things along the way
Kill almost 3 years spinning your wheels
Everything takes much longer than you think.
Try your best to figure out how long and how much it will take you -and then double it
-at a minimum
I've used sites like 99Designs, Crowdspring & oDesk to save thousands of $ on
and even patent translations
1. Make the shoes totally hands-free. No need to bend over or use hands to put on or take off
2. Provide great support for stability while walking
3. Securely fasten to help avoid slip + fall accidents
4. Try to make them look like typical shoes
Make more advanced prototypes
3-D printed parts -cool!
Change everything and start over!