Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Neo-Babylonia
King Nebuchadrezzar II was Neo-Babylonia's king
for 43 years.
He wanted power and control
. He expanded his kingdom whenever possible.
King N. was a wise military leader.
He understood the importance of defense, so he made walls so thick two chariots could pass each other when riding on top of them. He also made archer towers and moats for the protection of his people.
The Wonders of
1. King N. rebuilt the city's ziggurat, which was several stories high.
He wanted his people to strive as they did under Hammurabi
2. He also made the
Hanging Gardens of Babylon, one of the world's seven wonders
There were bushes and plants everywhere
, from palace roofs to the sandy floor. The greenery hung over buildings, and with a desert background, the scene was altogether stunning.
People and Neo-Babylonia's Fall
Neo-Babylonia has tons of rich details and events in its history. Take a few minutes and see if you can answer these questions:
1. Who was King Nebuchadrezzar and why he was important?
2. Why was Neo-Babylonia named as it is?
3. What are some of Neo-Babylonia's famous buildings/places/inventions?
4. Why is Neo-Babylonia an important country to study and learn about?
A New Empire
1. After the Babylonians destroyed Ninevah, a very important, rich, and influential city, they became powerful again.
Now with power, the Babylonians decided to create a new empire.
"Neo" means new,
so Neo-Babylonia would be New-Babylonia.
Neo-Babylonia was home to many mathematicians and astronomists
. They created the first sundial and they lived by the 60 minute hour and 7 day week.
2. Sadly, this empire only strived for 75 years. In 539 B.C.E,
Cyrus led his Persian army into Neo-Babylonia and took over