Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of courtship behaviour
the manakin is a family of small birds that consits of upto 60 different species. they are the smallest birds in south america and range between 7 and 15 cm but are more commonly recognised by there spectacular courtship techniques. Red headed manakin... this specific manakin uses a spectacular danceas part of his courtship behaviour Courtship behaviour... Why is courtship important..? individuals need to reproduce to keep there species alive therfor courtship is crucial. it helps them to recognise there own species to ensure matting is creating the correct ofspring.
- identify a mate capable of breeding.
- form a pair bond - successful mating and raising of ofspring.
-synchronise mating- ensure best chance of sperm and egg meeting.